Thursday, December 16, 2010

Are you ready for a bazillion posts and pictures??

Since I last posted this is what I've done....

My sister Andrea her hubby Ryan and Ava came from Idaho bringing a truck full of potatoes!
We went on walks tot he park, golf for the boys, baseball and lunch at the Surprise Stadium, Shopping and lunch for the girls in scottsdale. I made her teach me her never-fail chocolate chip cookie recipe-- which by the way I've puled off twice now! I feel like I can finally make good cookies! I think a good time was had by all. I loved being a hostess and cooking good food.. Little cutie Ava was a doll. Max still says, "where'd that go Aba?"
haha!




Next- three days later- my parents and sister sarah came for T-day!! It was so fun to have them and host again. I think I wore my mom out!! If you didn't know my family you would wonder where my dark hair came from because so many people have red. Some day I'll post pics of my dark haired family people. We went the the train park in scottsdale, down to some shopping, and lastly to the mesa temple!







Cutie Sarah! It was fun to "happen upon" the lights! I wanted to just show them the temple and surprise the lights were on! pretty cool.  Then home to back my pies!! On Thanksgiving morning my dad took Max and James fishing with robert at surprise pond/lake. James had been begging for Grandpa to do this with him since he sees all the other grandpas out there. My dad has AMAZING patience!!





After all my planning and creating - this is what I created below-- much more simpler than I originally thought- but hey my table is SMALL!!  I bought the wine glasses at Goodwill- the turkey platter my mom gave to me she bought in the 70's for $1!!! I made the table cloth, napkins, and runner out of linen. It was a good day with lots of yum from scratch-- After 5 pints of whipping cream and 4 lbs of butter I think we were satisfied!




The day they left I was exhausted but I was so excited for christmas that I had to put my tree up-- that night!! and all my decor for that matter. But I still have 5 of my 9 plastic bins full of stuff I didn't use because our place is smaller- it is nice to have a simpler look.



I loooooovvvvveee making bows- I love ribbon. I have two bins full of ribbon. 
Somethings wrong with me...

Free Christmas Tree! From John and Myrna- their garage is like a goodwill!




can I beg you any more to grow indoor bulbs. They are fabulous!




 Of course this plate was fuller at one point, and of course it was gone at least a week ago...




James rearranged the nativities he could reach so everyone was making a circle around baby Jesus. So adorable. In the process he broke one of the Marys. I still haven't glued her head back on- I think of how Jesus would have missed her so much. He needed a great mother to be the king of the world!!


Also--- in lieu of all my visitors I started unpacking a few boxes and hanging up pictures. I FINALLY printed off pics that my friend Liz took a year ago. They look gorgeous and vibrant in their frames!!
Thanks again Liz for the beautiful pictures.





The day my parents left My dad took some pics of our family-- he is an aspiring Photographer!! 
He says he will gracefully roll from Musician to Photographer as he retires!!
Here is a sample...



And of course- last but not least.... I went to the Dr's The day before Thanksgiving.....

and found out we are having 


A Boy!!!
three boys!!



Im going to take a belly shot someday.  
And in the next few days my goal is to post something that happened in the month of December...... haha

6 comments:

Happy-Hardings said...

Ape I miss you so much, those pics are adorable!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

three boys?!?!?! how fun! that's how i always pictured my family. but now i've got a girl and she's giving me hell so we'll see if i can even think about a number three!

i need you to give me a bow lesson. seriously.

miss you!

Nicole said...

Your place looks cute! That's so nice that you had so many family members come down and visit you. It sounds like you guys had a great time.

Tara said...

Fun post and fun news at the end! Wow three boys, I bet they will have LOTS and LOTS of fun together in the years to come! Very cool, congrats! And love all the decorating, you are awesome!

Colleen said...

Congrats on another boy! I really meant to get an amaryllis going this year, but I figure since I'm growing a human I can get away with letting a few other things go, right?

Christensen Fam said...

I love that you titled it the way you did. That's how all of my blog posts are! I love all the pictures though, and I stole a few from our trip. Hope that's ok. Thanks for such a fun time! P.S. When we got your christmas card Ava screamed in excitement, 'Max! James!" Thanks!