Monday, June 29, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Look below at offer- I think it ends July 2nd
FREE Quart of Glidden Paint The Glidden National Paint Giveaway Starting June 25 - Paint The Date! It's as easy as it sounds: This summer, pick out your favorite paint color and we will send you a free quart. Then, start coloring your world. Follow the link below for an order form and complete details.
FREE PAINT LINK https://www.glidden.com/promotions/free-paint-giveaway.do
On another note...
I totally stink at bloggin lately- oh well- I have so much in my head for myself to enjoy-I'd share if I could download pics to my crappio computer.
There is so much beauty during summer it is palpable. Hope you are all enjoying life too-enjoying your gardens, taking walks, and breathing in fresh air!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
1. My computer is from 1998 and it will probably take me 45 minutes just to create this post. I don't have a cell phone, and my TV remote only works from 4 feet away, I have an old school MP3 player, etc.... Lets just call it "Technologically Apathetic"
2. I had a Capital "L" shaped #2 today. Enough said.
3. I have grey hair. lots of it.
4. I make all my own bread(since christmas) and only make my own waffles, pancakes, tortillas, pizza crust, breadsticks, rolls, anything "Bread like" for the last four years. I use lots of wheat. I also only make my own salad dressings and marinades, pizza and pasta sauces. I dont buy cold cereal. I hate processed food but will eat Ramen. I love whole fresh food but will also get a Wendy's Jr. Bacon frequently.
5. We have survived on one car for the last 2 months while we are trying to find the right van
6. Last year we were billed(and paid) almost $6500 in medical bills. It nearly broke us but it feels good to have it behind us and to be better insured now. I want to live in France now- Chloe can I come live??!!- Free Health Care and the government does your laundry after you have a baby(so Micheal Moore informs us.)
7. I love Robert and my babies more than I ever knew I would. I suprise myself. I feel lucky. I am sure all of you out there feel that same way about your family too. For some reason I thought this kind of happiness was reachable when I would be 82 or so but it has only been four years of marriage!! Wow- and it only gets better.
What are somethings I dont know about you??!!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Happy Mother's Day! I am using this blog platform to tell the whole world how incredible you are as a mother. We also think you are a pretty incredible Mother-in-law and Grandmother. You never forget a birthday or holiday or special occasion. Even more importantly you don't let opportunities go by just to say simple things like: "I love you," or "I'm thinking about you." Thanks for always caring so much. Remember all the times you were there for me as a child? I sure do!!!
Your impact in my life as an adult is great too. I am so glad my children have you as their grandmother. Since you were here last, we haven't had a day where we haven't done Pony Boy!! Let's be honest though, it is like riding the carousel in front of Kmart (on my knee) compared to riding Grandma's Real Pony Boy.
Enjoy the Video Below!! We love you Mom!! Happy Mother's Day!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Me and Myrna at the Mesa Temple
James and Lucy playing outside. So cute Lucy!
Thanks John and Myrna for hosting us! We love you guys!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Note: small plastic wrench and chair, he was fixing his bike!
I had cut up an old blanket for the backing and for the small white pillow. I used the fringe from the same blanket for this pillow!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Go to his website: www.jamesstrayer.com or click his name above to see the pictures. He made a small gallery called 'Children II' where you can see some of them. He has great prices and some specials/discounts posted on the web.
James has taken a break (permanently?) from his professional savy computer job to start his own photography business. His has amazing talent and we wish him the best. His wife Susan will be having their first baby any day now too! Good luck guys.
Give him a call! (I have to put in the plug:))
Friday, January 2, 2009
You can actually make the best popcorn in your own skillet on your stove top.
Oil (preferrably Olive)
Maybe Butter and Salt depending on your tastes
What to do:
Thinly coat the bottom of a cold skillet(maybe 10") with the oil. Place a single kernel in the middle of the pan and cover with a lid. Turn heat to medium high. When you hear the first kernel 'pop' then take off the lid and add about a 1/4c worth of popcorn. Cover the skillet with the lid and then gently move the pan over the heat. Remove from heat when you hear the popping slow down(approx. 1 min.) Voila! You have great tasting popcorn. I do like to add a tiny bit of butter and salt but it doesn't need much!
What a great way to start out the new year whether you are watching tons of football or movies, wanting to eat healthier, or looking for great tasting fresh food!
I have to give credit to my sis-in-law Kamie Harris for such a fabulous treat. I had it at her house and was in love. I was a little scared to make it because I thought it would burn but I made two batches tonight and it is as easy as turning on the stove!! (just don't get antsy and take off the lid... explosion!)
Let me know if you made it and what you think...