Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All Things California


Artichokes, Homemade Granola, Romance...


Okay, Maybe all things Northern California....


So I feel like I am ready to go back all the time. I cant watch food network talk about sonoma or look at old friends blogs that are from cali. I do get jealous! And with the house prices now...


I really am trying to plant myself here in Midvale (quite litterally too, if anyone has seen my garden(s) lately:))


But then Grandma Janness came, and Ken and the kids,


...and they brought sunshine, and a big bag of Artichokes, Homemade Granola, lots of love, and a hand-me-down little scooter for James. She said that she had to bring the most California things she could think of- Artichokes! (and she left some yummy homemade granola I need the recipe for and cute little fourth of july packages.)


So for dinner last night I made some yummy artichokes and Robert made dipping sauces. Janness called today to see how it went. When I told her that the Artichoke is a high maintenance vegetable she told me I had eaten them wrong!!


"You are suppossed to feed it Robert one leaf at a time and he is suppossed to feed it to you." She asked if I had more to cook and I told her there were still more in the bag. She told me to cook more and try the new techinique and maybe a little Romance would come out of it (Romance is the sensor word for all children reading this blog.)


Good old Janness with her California attitude..... Love it!!!!

4 comments:

OramHouse said...

come back! houses are cheap now:)

Tara said...

haha thanks for the censor! Hey I can totally understand you wanting to go to CA... I've never even lived there and I was just telling Justin all last week how cool it would be to live in CA. But yeah, we're not going anywhere either. We'll have to have you guys over for a big bbq sometime soon so we can enjoy our little midvale lives together! :)

Tara Green said...

lol. i dont know if artichokes should ever lead to 'romance'. you know that stuff makes your pee green or something right? or maybe it just doesn't smell... well, you get the picture. but, what does that have to do with romance anyway. ;)

AmbertheGreat said...

Hahaha, Cali is nice but we would miss you if you moved - especially since we see each other soooo often :) let's get together!!!