Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things you need to do TODAY!!



If you haven't tried indoor bulbs before you MUST MUST MUST!

It is so easy- go buy an amarylis bulb or paperwhite bulbs at your local nursery or walmart-- plant very shallow in dirt, rocks, coconut fiber, or both!!! They are so easy to grow and are so beautiful for the holidays.

You must start them today!!! Because they take 5-6 weeks to bloom. The blooms could last 3 weeks if you are lucky!!

I planted mine in river rock and soil mixture then added a little green moss on top- not necessary!! Just keep moist--do not over water or they will get moldy- do not cover bulb with water either. I love planting them in glass container but this year I did an old cookie tin because I thought the red container with the green stems and white flowers would be gorgeous. You dont have to choose a container with drainage on the bottom (ie holes) so anything funky could work! Good Luck!


On the Christmas note-- (I know already right?!-) Order your Christmas Cards or Christmas Photo Cards TODAY. Costco and other online options already have their templates ready! Can you imagine having them out of the way?! Do I sound like a magazine calendar? Well I ordered mine in attempts to try and stay ahead-- get stamps too!!


Thrifting,
you also need to go thrifting today!! There are so many good finds! If you are hosting thanksgiving there are tons of fun decorations. I found this old silver bowl for $2.00 at Goodwill. It is tarnished but I love it for a rustic fall look. I think I will clean it up for christmas and make it shiny!!


And last of all- I am Hosting Thanksgiving!!!! ( for my mom and dad and one sister) Some of you know we are in a small nasty rental house for right now blahh. but I cant miss the chance to decorate. I found this leaf idea in an old Martha Stewart magazine I had-- green scrapbook paper with real twigs hot glued or twisty twine for a twig. Im going to the craft store today to buy the paper. I imagine persimmions, eucalyptus branches (Im going to steal from my neighbors tree) and some gords or fruit.

I'll post the final picture when Im done!!

Good luck with all your holiday preparation!!

1 comment:

Stapletons said...

oooh - I love those tulips!