Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August Post

NO BABY YET!

Yes-- No Baby yet. My induction didn't work out because the hospital was really full all weekend. So when they did have room I just cancelled it because I was tired of the waiting game and felt like a number. Now I am in a whole new waiting game!! Trying anything I can do to induce labor!!!

I went to the Dr.'s yesturday and I am still dialated to a 3 1/2. I haven't changed for 2 weeks now so I am a little frustrated. My Dr. said they can induce me on the 16th- the day after my due date-but I am not sure what to do. I REALLY am ready to meet this baby and so is Robert and James. We are going a little crazy waiting. James and I have been going on a million walks just to get out of the house.

Lizza, my good friend, is due two weeks after me and we took pregnancy pics together. We are excited to have kids the same age.


PREGNANCY PICTURES


ZOO FUN


Here are some cute pics of James with his friend Nash. Liz, Nash's Mom, invited us to the zoo with them. When we showed up the boys were wearing the same shirt!! We didn't even know we owned the same shirt. Pretty funny! They had a good time playing together, especially the little alligator toys.


























JAMES WRITING A CARD FOR HIS


GREAT-AUNT BETTY



Fourth of July Picture at Grandpa Smith's Firework Show


10 comments:

Suburban Monkey said...

Oh my goodness you are the cutest prego mommy ever! We haven’t seen James in over a year I think( not to mention you guys), he’s not a baby! What a handsome little man!!

Harris Family said...

Whitney and Ben!! I read your last comment and we couldn't get on your blog. Let us know your email or give us an invite if it is private- we would love to see what you are up to. Thanks for thinking I am a cute prego mommy-I need encouragement! I am dying to have this kid out and it will be a long time before I am prego again....:)We heard Josh got married too! Write us with your info or email bert.

Colleen said...

You are so cute! I can't make any guarantees, but I tried to induce labor by 1) eating at Cafe Rio, 2) walking TONS, and 3) having lots of sex. (Sorry if that's TMI!) Long story short, Elijah was 10 days early. Good luck!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

"august post"? do not think you can get away with once a month posting much longer, missy.

sorry bout the waiting game. ick. cafe rio is supposed to work like magic! i ran on the treadmill with nash, but all it did was up my blood pressure so that they decided to induce. not sure it was the best idea!

do you need help with james or anything? PLEASE let me know.

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

April, that sucks to be on the wrong end of the business bureaucracy Oh i mean the hospital.

dude, for these reasons I cannot understand why people want a nationalized heath care system. seriously.

I have been checking your blog all WEEK waiting for the announcement. I knew you were being induced.

I have heard black licorice, but who knows. My sister climbed diamond head and it put her right into labor. as for me my babies just come on their due dates.

let us know when it happens. . .GOOD LUCK
Kim

Harris Family said...

Thanks for the advice I am going to cafe rio for lunch and then off to buy black licorice as I get ready to hike lone peak! Kim-- I heard that you were going to be here in Utah the 16th?? I totally want to see you!

AmbertheGreat said...

Hello my friend - I saw Staci last night and asked how you were doing - I will come hiking with you if you need a buddy :) So will you get induced on the 16th? Or wait...I would try fasting and prayer :) that is what I made jake do and jared came the next day!!!!

Can't wait to meet little MAX keep me informed!

AmbertheGreat said...

ps I LOVE the pictures of you and Lizza, you guys look great!

sheena said...

hi! it's sheena (from the gym:)

i am really HOPING you had your little guy by now!!!

Nicole said...

Congrats on your sweet baby, I'm glad he finally came and we can't wait to see pics.