Saturday, June 14, 2008

Update on Honey Bees

Well just so happens that some people who were picking up our free planter canoe were Bee Keepers!! They removed it successfully and feel they got the Queen Bee. There were about 50 or so bees that stayed behind flying in the yard but within a few hours they should be gone too. The other bee keeper happened to call back when they were removing the swarm. Quick solution!!!

Bees are so good for our yard but they were right on the sidewalk in a residential area so we had to take them out. We are totally morally oppossed to killing the Honey Bees considering the Honey Bee Shortage. But when I found out that the Wasps in the backyard are coniverous and eat the Honey Bees- those Wasps will be gone tonight!!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Bees scare me, I'm so glad you were able to get rid of them!

AmbertheGreat said...

Wow, that is so crazy. I don't like bees either but I know how good they are for the flowers and trees - we have a cherry tree in our backyard and we didn't get any cherries again because of the lack of bees :(

It looks like you had a fun family trip. When are we getting togeter? How are you feeling???

Lizza said...

Yeah, so glad that's over. How crazy! I've always been so terrified of bees I can't watch people take care of them.