Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Top 10 reasons to live in Midvale

You might wonder why we need to do a top 10 for Midvale. The name itself says it all right?! Well this post is for all of you who might need a little more convincing ...

10. They are redoing all the sidewalk corner curbing so wheelchairs and strollers can more easily glide off.

9. You can pay your water and sewer bill online now.

8. Mid-vale need I say more?? We are totally in the Middle of everything! 15 min to SLC or Lehi and 30 minutes to Bountiful or Provo/Orem area.

7. I heard they are building a Winco grovery store down the street!! This is huge because Winco rocked in Cali for prices. It originated in Idaho and they have the best pizza ever.

6. Location, Location, Location. We are close to a lot of cool places:

--Living Planet Aquarium, me and james just got a season pass for $15 a year. http://www.thelivingplanet.com/

--Lifetime fitness which I love- there isn't a better gym in Utah. http://www.lifetimefitness.com/

--TiaPan Trading, Gardners Village, Fashion Place and South Towne Mall, Steve and Barrys clothing store, Schniders Meat Market (where Robert gets pig intestine to stuff his own sausage), Cy's Market (carries fresh and organic produce at killer prices and sells bags of fresh Basil for $4!!), Jordan Temple, Jordan Commons, Real Soccer Stadium.

--I-15 and I-215 access in minutes.
-- TRAX close by - 7200 S stop, 7720 S stop, 9000 S stop.
-- Jordan River Walk/Bike Path access close by.

5. Little old ladies who know everthing live close by. I am taking a crochet class right now.:)

4. Free bingo and BBQ hamburgers in Midvale City park during the summer. James won $5 in the raffle.

3. The Midvale Mayor told us they are going to expand State Street in Midvale by 2015. Property values will sky rocket!!

2. At Christmas they give you a beautification award for having lights up and throughout the summer they give beautification awards for cool yards.

1. The two houses on either side of us are for sale-- so you can be a Midvale resident too--Because lets face it, Midvale is the new Sugarhouse.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Hmm, now if only I could sell MY house! :)

Amanda said...

I love that you think that ... I keep thinking - Midvale, huh, why did we move here? But then again, we're on townhouse row ... We're like the rejects of Midvale - It's like we want to be Murray or Cottonwood heights, but we're the reject edge of Midvale.

Lizza said...

I don't need any convincing, just for Rivetal to move to SLC.

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

you are so cute. I am so tempted to do the same thing with carlsbad . . .we can have a vote. jk.

I am sure I would be more attached to Utah if I had any family there, but with mom in maryland, we cant justify the loss in pay and new price tag for ben's weekly surfing adventures ;-)

come for a visit
Kim

Harris Family said...

we aren't so attached to utah... if fact if rob had the right job I think I would be very inclined to never leave sandiego area!! I would trade feeding the ducks at Liberty for feeding seagulls ont he beach!!!!