Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting Crafty

Seen. Copied. Crafted. Done.              

DIY Easter Egg Garland instructions 

I can never get too technical when I do something or I just get bored. I have to just go with the flow so this is how mine turned out! I love repurposing and hoarding ribbon (probably the only thing I do save) so the ribbon wreath is a combination from James' baby hospital gift and my sister Staci's pink ribbon from her wedding flowers. Staci's ribbon is on the garland too along with the Blackwell's pink wedding flowers- I think Spencer Blackwell's? the last wedding I did actually.... Check out my newly painted door and new door handle too- I did all myself!


The "Florist" in me then had to decorate my flower pot so I found some chopsticks in the kitchen drawer made the easter egg hole a little bigger... added some chicks... and walah!







I like to do arts and crafts and have tried to make more time lately for things like card making, holiday decor, sketching, decorating, sewing etc... I takes me so happy when I make time for these things in my life!




8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very cute! Your door looks great too!

Christensen Fam said...

I love it! You are so talented! I need to commission you to make some decor for my house. Good job on the door too! Looks great!

Di said...

April you are an amazing talented woman! I love your blog and will definitely be adding it to my reader! I love your great writing and insight and your awesome design and craft skills. So glad to call you a friend and look forward to getting to know you better :)

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Great Idea! love it! You go, Crafty girl!!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

k, where did you get your wreath? i want a simple all-green one for the new front door. what i really want is a succulent wreath but not sure i'm up for the cost + maintenance just yet.

Tara said...

Love that Easter entryway! It is gorgeous!

Harris Family said...

Thanks everyone! Feeling the Love!

@ Lizzy:
the wreath is old from Tai Pan Trading in SLC. I got it for $7 off the clearance cause there was a hole in it- hence the chick... Its totally plastic and cheap but I like the look- would love a freeze dried version of boxwood! Go to your local wholesale florist and see if they have any- I did here but no luck- I always saw them in Utah though.
Love succulent wreaths- with your hip modern desert thing it would be cool- just spray off your door once a month! :)

AmbertheGreat said...

love it!!!