Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life changes

Those who said that 2 children were easy are gifted parents! It has been a fun but rough past month. I realized today-- Max's 1 month birthday -- that we have taken maybe 2 pictures of him since we came home from the Hospital. Wow. Sorry kid. Today I took some but they aren't artistic in any way. I need to get some professional pictures done as soon as I can take charge of my schedule again. I had to have a neighbor come over while they were napping just so I could run to the grocery store for 15 minutes.

Max 1 month stats:

Holding head up for a short time.

Rold over last night for the first time!

Weight 10lbs. 11 oz.

Down to one night feeding at the most.

Despite the extra work- Max is soo cute, and James has become cute to me again ( he was a little devil for awhile and therefore not in any way cute.) When they can play together I know they will have so much fun.

For those of you who said that I "looked good" after labor- thanks for your comments- but it was all planned. I looked like Death after James so I was determined to get cleaned up before this Labor. I was also induced so I had it all scheduled. The labor was less then 2 hours and I pushed through 3 contractions. Can it get any easier?? Healthy baby, Heathly mom, I left the hospital after 24 hours and haven't looked back. It was a total miracle birth and we feel soo blessed.

Life has totally flipped itself upside down though!! Here are some reasons why:


#1 Reason: Baby Max

#2 Reason: My husband has declared himself as a Biology major (Even though he already has a Finance degree.) Rob is now an aspiring dentist!! Can anyway say: "I am almost 30, I hate my job, what am I going to do for the rest of my life Crisis"?? Good luck- I am behind you a 100%, but am now a single mom 85% of the week.

#3 Ken & Kamie (robs brother) are moving back to SacTown! Ken is taking a job with Neillo Jaquar and their Mapelton house is for sale! I am soo sad to see them go- but I am so happy for them too. I will join you soon. The thought of this winter approaching makes me ill so I will visit for the whole months of January and February if that is okay!

#4 James is now a defiant Toddler with mischevious faces and the ability to say: "No way Mom!" and run away while I am helplessly feeding baby. A guy at a store the other day told me to buy a leash because it will decrease the running after him and yelling factor. What a jerk.

#5 I cant go to the gym with the little guy until he is 3 months old so I am feeling the effects of a saggy, atrophied body and miss the endorphine effect on my brain.


#6 Rob bought a cruise to Mexico in Nov/Dec. We are going with friends Lizza and Jared. You'd think this would be a good thing right??!! But you dont have a breast feeding 3 1/2 month old you need to leave behind. I will be running to the nearest fig tree to hide while I pump my milk. Sounds stressful mentally to leave my babe. Thanks for the suprise trip.

On The Bright Side:

#1 I have 2 CUTE, healthy kids

#2 I have a permanent residence in Cali at K & K's house.

#3 My husband could be a Dentist and get us all free dental work.

#4 I have my whole life to explore and travel- so what If I have to be a home body for 3 months while baby is little.

#5 I bought a Zooper double stroller that will save my life. It is coming in the mail tomarrow- equipped with inflatable tires, and full sun shade for each kid and it fits the infant car seat. Can we say:"Mobile again!!"

Eating Tomatoes from our Garden

#6 I am going on a cruise. Beach!! and a good excuse to buy some fun red sassy heels and a slutty bikini.

#7 I have learned I need to chill out. I use to be super laid back. I have turned me into a scheduling, organized perfectionist fanatic. I want to be fun again. 2 kids have taught me that cleaning is the last thing that is important and that having fun each day and showing love to each other is the most important thing. I decided to live for my own expectations, not others.

#8 Costco

#9 My Good Friend Lizza who had baby Elsie at the same time who is also leaving her baby to go on the cruise.

I have a lot to be grateful for!! If I sound sarcastic and ungrateful it really is the post partem!!! At night when I can lay down to sleep I am happy and grateful. I really want to be a good mom and create a happy, loving home. Please remind me of this if you see me and my face is haggard and I am yelling at my toddler. Thanks for reading my post. We will try and be better with pics.

7 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh, i love you. you are so funny. let's get together-now that you're mobile! i got a double too and have hardly used it-haven wants to be in the baby bjorn every second of her life. but either way, i'm also mobile. plus we can just sit around together and i'd be just fine with that. so, when's good for you?

Colleen said...

Love the slutty bikini comment. I was trying to decide whether you were serious and then remembered - no one with a 3 1/2 month old baby would be so brave. :)

Elijah will be three next month and he's been out of the bratty stage for months now, so the end should be in sight! Good luck with your little boys and with Rob's career crisis!

(I probably say this every other comment or so, but we really need to get together!)

Tara said...

Hey April! That was fun to read. So... we went to Cancun when I was nursing Makenzie. I'm kind of a milk producing freak so we had to be back in the hotel room every few hours to pump, but it wasn't bad. Plus, you will look incredible in your itty bitty bikini.=) The only bad thing is excursions. We had a full day one and I had to use a hand pump in the bathroom stall. That was a lot of fun. I'm sure everyone was like, "what is that sound? what is that girl doing in there?" but oh well, gotta do whatchya gotta do! You'll have a blast and it'll be nice to have a break!! You deserve it!

Nicole said...

That was fun, I'm so jealous of you guys going somewhere alone. I would love to go anywhere just the 2 of us :). The joyschool/playdate sounds like it will be fun. Your kids are so cute.

Lizza said...

I LOVE YOU! Awesome post. I'm so excited for the things you're learning and teaching me and we really need to be next door neighbors because I need to run to the bank and kids are sleeping...

I'm pumped for the cruise and maybe we should skinny dip when no one's looking?

Happy-Hardings said...

You are an amazing woman April, two kids is not a walk in the park, every child has thier own drama an laughs that come with them. I was told when I had Kes that I should appreciate them at every stage of thier life, it is hard but worth it. If I had your bod, I would totally go with a bikini, and the heels at the same time. I wish I lived closer to you too.

Suburban Monkey said...

What an adorable family you and Robert have. So much fun and memories.
The cruise sounds amazing! Have fun!!